Thursday 9 October 2008

But I am le tired

So i arrived a little over a week ago and there is so much to write i cannot even begin to know where to start
first of all a warning please excuse the poor spelling and punctuation on this post because of lovely french keyboards that reduce me to a hunt and peck typer. not very quick so this will be short.
currently i am living with my headmaster of my school who has so kindly taken me in and fed me this last week she lives in the gated community that my collége is in which is making life easy for me and she is very nice and we get along in franglish quite well.
The first weekend I was here I went to the beach and it was freezing but i plucked up the courage to show my english teachers i was with that chicagoans go swimming as long as there is sun. the ocean wasnt much colder than lake michigan and i swam with a seal! it was pretty hans christenson anderson for me, the word for seal here is phoque or fok, i thought the teachers were swearing when they qsked if i had fun swimming with foks.
ANYWAYS in the beach town i also went horseback riding into the forest preserve which there are so many of in france, which i really like, and also along the beach. That is bliss. So i was very happy my first weekend here and kept really busy:

now comes the hard part, missing home a lot more than i thought i would and the french beaurcracy:
the home thing i will spare you but the french craziness i will explain:

so far i have a cellphone but not yet a bank account, my green card (carte de sejour) or anything else i neeed to basically get an apartment on my own, establish a social security number, or prove that I work at the College. Which is slightly interesting to me being that i am a government employee. I would not impose any longer on my principal. but as they say c"est la vie.

things will work out, they always do. I just go to Paris by train when i get lonely and think about silly things and write in my jounal when things get sad AND there are my students whom i love so much already even if they are just beginning to speak english wathcing thier eyes light up when you tell them you have 2 dogs or having them surrond you everywhere you go with questions about the WWF, apparantly wrestling is our biggest cultural export, or even if im married its so great. I am very happt i am here.

I will write more soon when i can.

Go Cubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment